1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Every Wednesday evening from 6:00pm to 9:00pm for 12 weeks starting in September 12th, 2018.
*Oct 31st and Nov 21 will be off
Who may apply and when is the deadline?
This program is designed for veterans, who are currently students or experienced professionals, with some CS/IT background or a CS (Computer Science) degree. Please only apply if you are able to be on campus during the course and are fully committed, since spots are very limited. Sign ups will close on August 15th, 2018.
What does the course entail?
Check out the full course description here.
Have introductory knowledge of:
* Engineering and programming
* Web applications and web development
* Middleware such as web servers and databases
Be pursuing courses or have prior experience related to computer science that includes:
* Fundamental CS concepts such as data structures and algorithms
* Hands-on programming/scripting experience
* Application development and design
*Be able to fulfill the attendance and work submission requirements outlined in Course Policies
* Be able to dedicate 10-15 hours to the course outside of class sessions for 12 weeks
* Submit LinkedIn profile
* Submit pre-course work if requested
* CodePath will review applications for acceptance
Will there be a cost? How about my dinner?
The course is free, same with the free yummy dinner!
* Travel and any lodging is at student's expense
How do I know if I got accepted?
By submitting your application it will show us that you are interested and a committee will review your interest and reach out to you if they decide to move forward. Some pre-course work may be required.
Is it mandatory to attend in person?
Yes, this course is challenging and you wouldn't want to miss out. Only 1 excused absence is allowed for the 12-week course.
Will this be hosted in other locations?
As of right now the class is only held in Menlo Park, CA - we are looking for other locations to expand to in the future so stayed tuned!
How many hours do we need outside of class to work on the challenges?
Advantages of taking this course?
This course will be a lot of fun with hands-on challenges where you actually find ways on how to break into web applications. There will also be a CTF (Capture The Flag) competition with different universities. You don't want to be that Layer 8 (user) problem that messes everything up. Gain more skills to put on your resume and LinkedIn. Get educated and hack all the things!
What can I get out of this course?
If you complete the course successfully, you will receive a Facebook CodePath certificate and students who do well are eligible to apply for scholarships to attend conferences.
* This is a workshop course for you to learn and improve self skills, not a job or placements offer.
Questions? Please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org